Pages

Sunday, November 07, 2010

DUEL!

Alien vs. Predator: The White Queen
15 mm




The base inscription reads:
"To the last I grapple with thee;
from hell's heart I stab at thee;
for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee."


Captain Ahab was hunting a white whale, but this Predator seems to be facing something quite a bit more exotic and deadly.





I wish I could say the idea of relating this duel to Moby-Dick was some clever and oh-so-literate impulse, but it's probably influenced by watching "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan"... I was trying for a de-pigmented "facehugger" type colour on the "white" Queen, but she ended up looking quite green.

Here are some shots I took before I put the whole thing together:


4 comments:

  1. Wonderful, narrative work. You never cease to impress at 15mm.

    Of course that quote, translated into Predatorese, is RRARAAAAARRRRGH. Roughly. I'm a little rusty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 0_0 speechless.

    Since I'm from Barcelona I really appreciate how rare albino species are (one of a kind real-life Snowflake the gorilla anyone?)

    Better greeny than fleshy if you asked me. Odd but high contrast and never seen before xenomorph albino type.

    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. has the pred a "wooden" (cyber I guess) leg ?

    the more I look at it the greater my love for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He does indeed have a "wooden" leg... glad you noticed! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!