Pages

Saturday, January 02, 2016

The Floating World of Lady Urokubi

The Lady Urokubi
15 mm



An influential socialite and traveler in human space, Urokubi has used the most advanced cybernetics, repulsorlift and micro-teleportation technology to give herself a truly extreme body modification.  Nutrients, blood supply and neural impulses are transmitted freely between transmat gates in her body's neck and her head, while brain implants allow her to effortlessly control her body while her head hovers independently of it.

The figure is a slightly modified "SGF23 Rokurokubi" (Japanese headless vampire) from 15mm.co.uk.

"You are as lovely as ever, Lady.""And you, as obsequious as ever, Ambassador."

Edit: here's a scan of the rug pattern for those who liked it:


15 comments:

  1. That's a really fun miniature. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is "out there!" Nice paint and bkgrnd data.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice idea!
    Taking a novel miniature one step further.
    Great paint job too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a strange, but at the same time fun character. You did an amazing paintjob on her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice idea and execution. Good work on the group too.

    GBS
    www.15mm.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad everyone likes her. Just an odd silly idea I had one day :)

      Delete
  6. Reminds me of the king and queen of the moon in Baron Munchausen.
    Clever work there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well huh. I do remember that! Glad you like them.

      Delete
    2. I don't suppose the floor and/or wall in your vignette are printable files you have?

      Delete
    3. The wall is the base from a Dave Graffam paper model:
      http://www.davesgames.net/catalog-checkpoint.htm
      (Aka the pylon in my Chuhuac racers pic, I love to repurpose things!)

      The floor is a random scrap of Japanese paper from a crafting pack I got my daughter for Christmas ;). I will scan it and post it here asap but it has metallic inks so it may not look as nice.

      Delete
  7. Very nice! Also, the carpet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The title of your post... and the miniatures... just made my day. It's like a very dangerous haiku by Issa. Amazing work! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice and original blog - thanks for the carpet ;) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the sort of thing that I miss when I dont check my blog reader often enough.

    I love this. I never thought of having a mobile transmat device allowing for functioning circulatory (etc) systems :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!