Pages

Friday, January 26, 2018

Outer Planets Operative

Asteroid Belt Spacer
28 mm

Oye!  Kewe kowlting ando go, welwala?  Wa koming gut da Belte!




My wife and I have been catching up on the amazing SyFy show "The Expanse" for a few months now.  Well-written, and its super-hard-SF style, solidly based on some pretty good novels, is something really refreshing among what tends to be fairly sloppy televised SF.


This nicely detailed and expressive figure is from Space Bunny Arts.  I added his "Belter fringe" hair, with colour inspired by my colleague @katafacepainting, and style loosely based on the show's Detective Joe Miller:


Beltalowda gonya leva xox!

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful painting, Allison. Really vibrant colours and great highlights (as usual) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sasa ke, Beltalowda? That's a really great paintjob!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I’m just starting to watch this myself- I’ve had enough people tell me it would be up my street!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy to see you rocking more of the 28mm. Maybe it's just because that's my favourite scale -- but I also think it gives more scope for your talents. For example, the shading and highlighting on his helmet and backpack are splendid. I envy your flare for colour!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!